Certification Rules and Policies
About TreccerT Certifications
TreccerT offers valid and reliable certification programs to individuals that want to demonstrate that they have the knowledge and skills required to perform critical functions in the ICT industry. TreccerT Certification Path reflects the industry expectation of the ICT job market worldwide. TreccerT has positioned the modules (Generic, Specialist and Certification Title) in a way that meets the requirements of all candidates, whether they are beginners, intermediate learners or experts.
Why Should You Earn a TreccerT Credential?
- TreccerT credentials serve as a benchmark of competency in many ICT professions.
- TreccerT credentials increase job security by validating that a certified individual possess the required competency in a particular field.
- TreccerT credentials help ICT professionals expand their career opportunities locally and globally.
- TreccerT credentials denote that a certified individual is committed towards the enhancement of knowledge and skills throughout her/his professional career.
- TreccerT credentials ensure respect and credibility among peers, leaders, clients, investors and other important stakeholders.
All TreccerT certifications require from individuals to meet certain knowledge and qualification requirements before they apply. To find out the eligibility requirements, please check the certification requirements of the scheme that interests you. The applicants interested in TreccerT certifications will be awarded the desired designation upon meeting the following requirements:
1. Meet the Eligibility Requirements
TreccerT obtains evidence of knowledge requirements through examinations. Applicants interested to obtain TreccerT credentials are required to pass the certification exam of the selected certification scheme. All examinations are assessed by TreccerT examiners against the specified certification scheme to determine if a candidate meets the requirements to get certified in a particular field, standard or regulation.
Candidates that wish to attain TreccerT certifications should at least have secondary education.
Candidates that wish to attain TreccerT certifications should at least have the professional experience outlined in the table below.
2. Pass the Certification Exam
Candidates that wish to attain a certification shall undertake the TreccerT exam in the desired designation. The successful completion of the exam shows that the applicant has the required level of knowledge in the certification program of their interest.
Candidates that successfully complete the exam will be notified via email on their results, and attached to it TreccerT will provide all the required information necessary to apply for certification. For further details, please check TreccerT Examination Rules and Policies in the website.
3. Complete the Certification Application
Candidates shall submit proof of successfully passing the exam, by including in the Certification Application the exam code sent by TreccerT with the exam results.
4. Adherence to the Continuing Professional Development Program
Candidates are required to provide the following CPD credits to TreccerT:
No CPDs required
90 CPDs for initial certification
30 CPDs for renewal
90 CPDs for recertification
The objective of the TreccerT Continuing Professional Development Program include:
- Ensure certified persons maintain the competencies through update of existing knowledge and skills in the area in which they are certified.
- Ensure certified persons keep pace with current standards.
- Ensure certified persons maintain and enhance the knowledge and skills necessary to provide professional services that are up to date.
- Ensure certified persons are capable of making a meaningful contribution in their workplace.
- Ensure certified persons have an increased public confidence in their profession.
TreccerT required a maintenance fee and a minimum of 30 CPDs annually. Furthermore, 90 CPDs are required over a three-year fixed period.
5. Adherence to TreccerT Code of Ethics
Candidates that wish to attain TreccerT certifications should abide to TreccerT Code of Ethics. TreccerT sets forth this Code of Ethics and expects all its certified persons to abide to it.
- Commit to act independently, with integrity and objectivity.
- Commit to act professionally, accurately, and with responsibility.
- Comply with any laws, rules and regulations of the place and field where professional activities are being performed.
- Comply with any TreccerT requirements, policies, rules and regulations that are relevant to your certification.
- Agree not to share or compromise the TreccerT course materials and examination materials.
- Strive to increase the competence and prestige of the profession by upholding to the highest standards of professional conduct related to the TreccerT certifications.
- Commit to not discuss or disclose any information relating to any assignment unless required by law or authorized in writing by the client and/or my employing organization.
- Agree not to communicate false or misleading information that may compromise the integrity of the personnel certification process.
- Comply with industry specific standards, including international standards which are relevant to my profession or certification.
- Submit to this Code of Ethics and TreccerT’s complaints and appeals procedure.
- Understand that the period of certification is three (3) years, and that the cancellation of certification does not forgo your liability of the certification fee.
- Understand that any breach of this Code of Conduct may lead to warnings, suspension, or withdrawal of certification, in accordance with CB’s disciplinary procedures.
TreccerT certifications are valid for a period of three year. Every three years certified persons should apply for recertification to validate their continued competence and ongoing compliance with the current scheme requirements.
TreccerT certification decision maker will review the document submitted by the candidate to ensure that the candidate has continued competence and ongoing compliance with the current scheme requirements. The certified individual should have at least: 90 hours of experience in the scope of certification they are certified against. The following procedure outlines the TreccerT requirements and assessment methods for recertification.
1. Recertification Assessment Methods
The certified individual that wishes to get recertified shall submit the following evidences:
- Enter the certification platform.
- Fill in the CPD/Audit log.
- Submit the resume.
2. Surveillance Methods and Criteria
TreccerT requires from candidates to adhere to the Continuing Professional Education Program, by requesting from candidates to present each year evidence of their continual professional development. Through this program, TreccerT evaluates that the candidates:
- Maintains the competencies through update of existing knowledge and skills in the area in which they are certified.
- Maintains pace with current standards.
- Maintains and enhances the knowledge and skills necessary to provide professional services that are up to date.
- Maintains an increased public confidence in their profession.
TreccerT required a maintenance fee and a minimum of 30 CPDs annually. Furthermore, 90 CPDs are required over a three year fixed period.
Certification Suspension, Withdrawal and Scope Reduction Policy
1. Criteria for Suspending the Certification
The TreccerT shall suspend the certification under the following circumstances:
- The validity period of the certificate has expired, as stated on the certificate.
- Non-compliance with the certification requirements.
- Any reason that might compromise the accuracy and the reliability of results.
- The TreccerT certificate is improperly used.
- TreccerT determines that the client does not comply with agreement(s).
- Violations of TreccerT contractual requirements, including the unpaid invoices.
- The client voluntarily requested the suspension of the certificate.
The client whose certificate is suspended should take the necessary corrective actions before the end of the suspension period. Failure to resolve the issues that have resulted in suspension in a time established by TreccerT (6 months), the client will be served with notice of withdrawal or scope reduction of certificate.
2. Criteria for Withdrawing the Certification
The TreccerT shall withdraw the certificate under the following circumstances:
- If the client fails to resolve the issues of suspension within the given time (six months).
- Misuse of certificate during the suspension period.
- Violations of TreccerT contractual requirements, including the unpaid invoices.
- The client requested voluntarily a certificate withdrawal. The client shall submit the request in writing.
- The client terminates contractual relationship with TreccerT.
3. Criteria for Changing the Level of Certification
The level of certification can be changed if the candidate provides evidence during the renewal of the credential already obtained.
Expanding the Level of Certification
Certified Applicants may submit an application to expand the personnel certification at any time. An expansion occurs when a certified person chooses to upgrade the certification to a higher grade of their certification program. During the expansion application process, certified persons will be required to upload additional documentation to show evidence of competencies for the grade they wish to upgrade to.
Reducing the Level of Certification
Certified applicants may submit an application to reduce the personnel certification at any time. A reduction occurs when a certified person chooses to downgrade the certification to a lower level of their certification program. During the reduction process, certified persons will be required to upload additional documentation to show evidence of their competencies.
The TreccerT shall reduce the certification to a lower level under the following circumstances:
- Failure to resolve the certification issues during the suspension/withdrawal period.
- After the evaluation of the initial application for certification, the client may be advised by the examiner to reduce the certification to a lower level.
- The client voluntarily requested to reduce the certification to a lower level.
- Violations of TreccerT contractual requirements, including unpaid invoices.